Search

 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What More do you Really Need to Know?

Supporting people who want to kill you is a quick way to make that happen.
Here's Mark Steyn in the NRO,
What $1.6 billion in aid buys the US in the Palestinian Authority:

Sheik Ahmad Bahr, acting Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, declared during a Friday sermon at a Sudan mosque that America and Israel will be annihilated and called upon Allah to kill Jews and Americans "to the very Last One".

I'm reminded of Condi Rice's interview with Cal Thomas last year. "The great majority of Palestinian people," said the Secretary of State, "they just want a better life. This is an educated population. I mean, they have a kind of culture of education and a culture of civil society. I just don't believe mothers want their children to grow up to be suicide bombers. I think the mothers want their children to grow up to go to university."

Cal Thomas asked a sharp follow-up: "Do you think this or do you know this?"

"Well, I think I know it," said Dr. Rice.

I don't think she does know it.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: